Comprehensive Estate Planning Serving Metro Atlanta
No matter how small or large, everyone has an estate. If you own a home, possess a car, have savings and/or have established a retirement plan, you need to make sure your wishes are documented if something happens to you. Securing a clear plan for the distribution of your assets and the care set in place for you protects your property and health interests. At Scroggin & Burns, LLC, we have helped clients plan the distribution of their estates for more than 30 years. With our firm, you are assured of comprehensive and insightful estate planning assistance.
Full-Service Estate Planning
A proper estate plan leaves little room for ambiguity. When you choose Scroggin & Burns, LLC, you will receive comprehensive counseling and professional drafting to meet all your estate planning needs. We assist clients by tailoring estate plans using tools that may include:
- Trusts: Spendthrift trusts, disclaimer trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts, spousal access trusts, marital trusts, testamentary trusts, dynasty trusts, Crummey trusts
- Wills: Designation of beneficiaries for your assets at your death
- Medical directives: Clarification of your wishes regarding continued health care should you become incapacitated
- Powers of attorney: Declaration of an individual to make health care and financial decisions in your stead
- Probate: Handling complex issues when a loved one passes
Our firm is also able to assist clients with more specific estate planning needs such as:
- Retirement plan beneficiary designations
- Life insurance beneficiary designations
- Family business succession planning
- Estate tax and income tax minimization
- Premortem and postmortem income and estate tax planning
- Advising fiduciaries, executors and trustees
- Rule against perpetuities counsel
- Family incentive trusts
- Family love letters
- Gifts on estate tax returns, including returns for portability
At our firm, we don’t believe in offering technical answers that you may not even understand. We focus on what strategies will work for your particular needs and practical solutions to real areas of concern. We will take the time to go over the numbers and documents with you, to ensure that you understand your estate plan and the options that you have available to you.
Contact our office by email today or phone the firm at 770-884-7197 to discuss your plans for the future.