Elizabeth Lambert Cox
- Corporate/Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
Elizabeth Lambert Cox joined Scroggin & Company, P.C. as an associate attorney in July 2016. Elizabeth graduated in 2012 from Wofford College cum laude with a B.A. in Finance and Government with a concentration in International Politics. She received her Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 2015 from Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law and her Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2016. Elizabeth is a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
During law school, she served as the Student Writing Editor of the Mercer Law Review, as an editor of the Journal of Southern Legal History, and was a member of the Mugel National Tax Moot Court competition team. She also published an article as a student in the Virginia Tax Review about the Internal Revenue Service and its position on bitcoin and other virtual currencies. While working on her LL.M. at the University of Florida, Elizabeth was the research assistant for Professor Dennis Calfee.
Current Employment Position
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- LL.M. - 2016
- Major: Taxation
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Wofford College, Spartanburg, South Carolina
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Finance and Government, concentration in International Politics
- The Internal Revenue Service and Bitcoin: A Taxing Relationship, Virginia Tax Law Review, 35 Va. Tax Rev. 88 (2016).
- Leadership Academy graduate (2017), Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia
- Northern District Representative for Representative Council of the Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia
- Mercer School of Law, Young Alumni Council, Representative