Comprehensive Estate Planning and Probate Serving Metro Atlanta
Planning for the future of your loved ones has become especially important to people, given our current economic climate. Establishing a clear plan for the distribution of your assets and planning for your care protects your property and health interests. We can help you through the legal, practical and tax complexities of handling the probate of a loved one’s estate.
The firm of Scroggin & Company, P.C. has helped clients plan the distribution of their estates for more than 30 years. With our firm, you are assured of comprehensive and insightful estate planning assistance.
Contact our office to discuss your estate planning of probate needs. We are available by e-mail or by calling 770-884-7197 locally or toll free at 877-645-2214.
Full Service Estate Planning
A proper estate plan leaves little room for ambiguity. At Scroggin & Company, you will receive comprehensive counseling and professional drafting to meet all your estate planning needs. Our lawyers assist clients by tailoring an estate plan to meet their needs, which plan may include:
- Trusts — Spendthrift trusts, disclaimer trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts, spousal access trusts, marital trusts, testamentary trusts, dynasty trusts, Crummey Trusts
- Wills — Designation of beneficiaries for your assets at your death
- Medical Directives — Clarification of your wishes regarding continued health care should you become incapacitated
- Powers of attorney — Declaration of an individual to make health care and financial decisions in your stead
- Probate — Handling the complex issues when a loved one passes.
Our firm is also able to assist clients with more specific estate planning needs such as:
- Retirement plan beneficiary designation
- Life insurance beneficiary designation
- Family business succession planning
- Estate tax and income tax minimization
- Pre-Mortem and post-Mortem Income and estate tax planning
- Advising fiduciaries, executors and trustees
- Rule against perpetuities counsel
- Family incentive trust
- Family love letter
- Gift on Estate Tax Returns including returns for portability
Probate and Trust Administration
The attorneys at our firm are well versed in probate, tax and estate administration laws and regulations. From appointment of an administrator to the final distribution of assets, you are provided professional and personal advice on each step including preparing estate tax returns and doing post-mortem tax planning. We have handled probate matters throughout the metropolitan area, including the counties of Fulton, Forsyth, Cobb, Gwinnett, Dekalb, Cherokee and Hall.
Solutions Oriented Representation
Our firm doesn't believe in offering technical answers you may not even understand. We focus on what strategies will work for your particular needs and practical solutions to real areas of concern. We take the time to go over the numbers and documents with you, to ensure that you understand your estate plan and the choices you have.
Contact our office today to discuss your plans for the future.